Monday, May 30, 2011

2009 recap: July - December

The rest of 2009 featured some more slow lengthening but not at the same rate I enjoyed in previous years.  One style that I've tried quite a few times but that has never felt totally comfortable for me is the segmented ponytail with multiple bands.  Some people swear by this style and find it helps protect their hair and keep it safe during vigorous activity.  In July:

August 2009 marked one year from my big cut.  I'd say the length had been fully regained but without quite the same thickness:

In September:



In November, Amanda and I were visited by a fellow longhair and longtime friend:



By the end of 2009, it was an open question whether my hair was continuing to gain length or not.  Since that four inch cut in August 2008, I had only been getting trims of about a half inch every 6-8 months.  For the first time, I had to start asking myself if I had reached terminal length or was at least getting close to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment