Thursday, April 25, 2013

Musings on the Road Ahead

Some may remember my big 7.5 inch cut last June. I was sick of lousy ends and wanted that blunt hemline. This was the result:

I made it my goal to get regular trims and to stay in a holding pattern for a while. I guess having a young child in the house along with many other activities can make one lose sight of such matters. I did get a couple of trims but I had to check on my blog to see that the last one was back in November. So, my hair has been pretty much ignored except for one notable difference: I've been using Ojon oil regularly after showering. I like it even better than coconut oil. The last few days I've refocused on my hair a bit and noticed that the ends seem better than they were last year, definitely not silky smooth and blunt like in the photo above but not terrible and possibly still a ways from terminal length.
It's gotten me thinking again: can I establish new length with reasonable ends? I dunno. I guess I'm looking to maybe give it one more shot before settling into that regular trim plan. I know I'm vacillating but hey, that's part of the fun - to enjoy the various twists and turns on our hair journeys. Mine has been going on long enough that there are fewer of them now.
I took these photos this evening to document where I'm at. There's been lots of length added from last June. I wonder what another year would bring with minimal trimming and continuing with Ojon oil....




No comments:

Post a Comment