Friday, July 15, 2011

The Results from Two Months of Coconut Oilings

The last month has brought about mostly good things in the hair department.  I seem to have noticed an uptick in shedding but perhaps it's a summer thing.  It's nowhere near as dramatic as the shed from the summer of 2008.  It could be partly from stress too as I just moved and that is a huge endeavor.

On the plus side, I continue with regular coconut oil applications.  I've been allowing for a 24 hour absorption time before washing it out.  I've also come up with a routine for beach activities.  I wet my hair before leaving the house and smother it with coconut oil.  Then when I arrive at the beach, I apply a generous amount of jojoba oil as a top layer.  It seems to work well to repel the salt water and sun damage as well.

My ends are definitely better but they still have a ways to go.  I don't feel that the extra care and regular coconut oil applications will be enough.  I'm planning on having another inch trimmed next month and may go to a regular routine of getting an inch trimmed every three months.  I think after a 6 months to 1 year timeframe of doing this, my hair will hopefully get back to the fully health state I'm shooting for.

Here are four photos taken yesterday:



No comments:

Post a Comment